Sunday, July 25, 2010

Worship/Music?

So I have finally decided to admit that my heart has been hardened for about 3 years now. I have intentionally not sang at my college or church very often because I do->..did not enjoy worship music and I chose to let it bother me when people called it worship instead of just saying it was praise. When I first got to Davis I love music. I loved singing I loved the whole idea of it and not only that but I really enjoyed being in the mood to sing and the mood sining put me into. After awhile though I started to feel like it was all fake. Not my religion not my friends not my relationship with God but the music part of it. It is far to easy to use music to touch emotions. That's not to say that I do not have emotions or let myself experience them but...I have blocked out the whole let myself feel all touchy feely with God. There is one song in particular I really despised which had lyrics like I am a friend of Gods. I never really knew if I was God's friend....I don't know how I can be a friend to an Almighty Deity that I chose to worship and I try to base my existence around. But perhaps I am his friend that is far to much to go on right now. I suppose it is time to admit that tonight I had a break through haha.. into my spiritual life. I was watching a Francis Chan video and on it was a link to a Charlie Hall song. Now in all honesty I only went to his video to see his sweet Goatee ha oh my. Anyway as I approached this video with the bearded man I heard him start singing and it was tremendous not like the most amazing song not the most amazing video but it brought me back to God. I actually found God in this song and it put me back on track after a 3 year battle with my hardened heart and my mysterious critical nature of worship music. So after all this pouting whining and dissatisfaction with one form or worship to my God I have found love for him in a new...old expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment